Equipment for Laboratories
1. molecular laboratories:
- MagNA Pure LC 2.0 Roche device - it is an automated device applied to isolate nucleic acids from different types of biological samples and automatically fill containers to carry out PCR reactions with PCR reaction mixtures and matrix nucleic acid;
- MagNA Pure Compact Roche - is a workstation applied to automatically clean nucleic acids from samples of a variety of materials using specially designed reagent sets;
- Light Cycer 2.0 Roche thermal cycler in a real time with CE-IVD - a device is intended to carry out PCR reaction with detection and/or quantitative evaluation of the target nucleic acid fragment in a real time, as well as post-amplification analysis of nucleic acid sequence by melting curve analysis. The device complies with the European Directive 98/79/EC on medical devices applied in in vitro diagnosis;
- Light Cycler 96 Roche thermal cycler in a real time - a device designed for scientific research in order to achieve fast and accurate PCR reaction with simultaneous, occurring in a real time, detection of fluorescent dyes or labelled probes connecting with DNA, allowing quantification and gaining characteristics of the target nucleic acid;
- Veriti Dx Model 9912 Applied Biosystems thermal cycler with CE-IVD - a device is applied to duplicate human DNA for diagnostic purposes. It complies with the European Directive 98/79/EC on medical devices applied in in vitro diagnosis;
- 3 thermal cyclers with 96 block hole (SensoQuest, Thermo Scientific) - allow to quickly and easily carry out PCR reactions;
- 2 sets for electrophoresis with GelDoc-It2 imaging system - intended to carry out electrophoresis of nucleic acids in agarose gels;
- 2 spectrophotometers (BioDrop) - a device to quantitatively and qualitatively test a sample using both cuvettes and measurements in a sample volume from 0.5 l-µ. - in a so-called drop;
- centrifuge for PCR plates (Thermo Scientific) - a device equipped with a rotor allowing to separate various components in the 96-hole micro-plates;
- 2 laminar flow cabinets of Biohazard II type (Thermo Scientific) - laminar flow cabinets of II class of biological protection, to prevent from contamination of biological material and creating the conditions for outstanding protection of employees and environment.
2. technological laboratories:
- 3 New Brunswick BioFlo 115 Eppendorf bioreactors - universal bioreactors to cultivate bacteria and fungi based on periodic, periodic with supply or continuous type of operation. Working volume of cultivating containers from 0.4 l 1.0 l. The cultivating containers can be autoclaved;
- 2 New Brunswick BioFlo 310 Eppendorf bioreactors - universal bioreactors to cultivate bacteria and fungi based on periodic, periodic with supply or continuous type of operation. The devices are equipped with removable cultivating containers with a working volume from 1.25 l up to 3.75 l and from 3.0 l to 10.5 l, autoclaveable;
- New Brunswick BioFlo 510 Eppendorf bioreactor - compact bioreactor to cultivate bacteria and fungi based on periodic, periodic with supply or continuous type of operation. The bioreactor is equipped with a cultivating container with a working volume from 10.75 l up to 32.0 l and the automatic sterilization in place (SIP);
- set to lyophilise microorganisms - a set, the key element of which is a lyophilise Christ Beta 2-8 LD plus dryer. The device is a high-performance unit applied to carry out lyophilisation of liquid and solid products in ampoules, vials, glass bottles, bottles for plasma or flat laboratory containers. Best 2-8 LD plus lyophilise dryer can be applied to lyophilise bacterial and viral cultures, blood plasma, serous, antibodies, serums, vaccines and pharmaceuticals.
3. microscopic studio
- Olympus BX43 microscope - it is applied to observe in light and dark field as well as fluorescence stimulated by with UV light (BP340-390 filter), Green (BP530-550 filter), Blue (BP460-495 filters) preparations on microscope slides;
- Olympus CKX41 microscope with reversed optics is applied to observe in light field and phase contrast of cell cultures in different cultivating containers.
The microscopes are equipped with a set for microphotography and software to activate and analyse Olympus CellSens image.
In addition, the laboratories are equipped with the following supporting devices: centrifuges (Eppendorf), CO2 incubators (Memmert), incubator (Memmert), scales (Ohaus), heating blocks (Biogenet), devices for homogenization of cells and tissues (Uniprep) pH meters (Elmetron), magnetic stirrers with heating (Biogenet), autoclaves (HSP, Nüve), refrigerators (Liebherr), water cleaning systems (Merc Millipore), automatic pipettes (Eppendorf).
The tenants are also provided with a room equipped with a cooling chamber (BETA) and ultrafreezer (Elcold), as well as a room with safety cabinets (Slova, Asecos) for chemical reagents.